Thursday, September 27, 2012

(Pin)spired: Chevron Pumpkins

I love decorating for Fall almost as much as I love decorating for Christmas, ALMOST.  I saw some cool chevron painted pumpkins on pinterest & I HAD to try it.  So we went & picked out our pumpkins, I put Kollyns to bed last night & went to town with my painting.  I'll be the first to say I'm about the least artistic person I know.  Like seriously, I can't draw a stick figure.  And let me tell you, my chevron pumpkins turned out FAR from perfect.  But they were kind of perfectly imperfect.  The imperfections made the pumpkin look kind of cool & Halloween-like.  All you need are sponge brushes ($0.98 for 4), white outdoor acrylic paint ($2.97 for one tube), & painters tape (about $2), & a pumpkin ($5).  I wiped off my pumpkin and started taping it off.  The taping part was a little tricky because I didn't have the patience or the time to cut every piece of tape perfectly even.  So I just went with the flow & free handed it.  Then I started painting without rhyme or reason.  You will see what I mean in the picture (I made a mess).  It took about 2 coats to mostly cover.  I went to bed, woke up, peeled the tape off & put my (somewhat) pretty little chevron pumpkin on the porch.  I loved it! And it was relatively easy!



No comments: