Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's The Hap- Happiest Season of Alllll!

Christmas is my favorite holiday of all time!  Mostly because we get to celebrate the birth of our sweet Savior, but also because it brings back some of my best memories and I absolutely love making new ones with my husband and our sweet girl! Everyday when I wake up I am overflowing with joy & praises to God for everyone and everything in my life.  I am so grateful for the blessings that have been poured over me that I don't come close to deserving.  As I watch my little girl grow each day as she learns new things & develops this vivacious, hilarious personality that she has I am in awe.  He chose ME to be her mommy and trusted me with guiding this beautiful little dreamer through life and raising her and teaching her.  All I can say is during the holidays I am so FULL of thankfulness that I wish I could pop and share my joy with everyone. Wow, that was over the top but I mean every word.  On top of being the season to be thankful, it's also the season to be full...literally.  Full of yummy holiday treats and goodies.  One of my favorite things to do with my sweet Kollyns is bake!  I'm a baking trick, believe it or not.  If any of you ever wonder why I workout it's really only because I have to keep a balanced ratio of eating cookies to staying fit.  Haha.  So aside from the usual chocolate cookies that Kollyns & I bake on a regular basis...I discovered a recipe on Pinterest that was a must try.  COOKIES AND CREAM DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE BARS. And yep, they taste just as sinful as they sound.  I had to exercise SERIOUS self control around these bad boys.  They were so ridiculously easy to make too!  MAKE THESE!  They are so worth the calories. And that's not something you will hear me say often. :)

1 Box of Double Fudge Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Stick of Butter
1 Large Egg
1 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
1 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
18 Oreo Cookies broken into small pieces
  
Mix Egg, Butter & Cake Mix in large bowl. (I used my hands. It worked, but got pretty messy!)
Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9 by 13 glass dish.
Top with crushed oreos.
Pour can of sweet milk evenly over the oreos.
Top with Chocolate Chips.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Oh my yum...Enjoy.



Original recipe & photo from Picky Palate...I made a few adjustments!


No comments: