Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stay fit...even this time of year.

It's not hard for dedicated gym rats to notice patterns in the gym.  Like a flood of new members coming in on January 1st and fading out by February.  Or a new wave of people in May trying to get ready for the beach in just a few short months.  Here's the thing...it is SO much easier to maintain a fit lifestyle all year round.  Why why why let your body go to waste 6 months out of the year and spend the other 6 beasting it in the gym only to return to where you had gotten the last time you finished your gym spurt?  Also you have to re-adjust yourself to a routine of going to the gym, it's easy to slide off the right track and back into old habits.  Stick with it all year and it will become a part of your life just like taking a shower or brushing your teeth!  You will feel like your day isn't complete without it!  Promise!  Around November/December I go into maintenance mode.  I cut back to 4 days a week and lighten my workouts to around 45 minutes to an hour on those days.  In January I will get back to 6 days a week, but Thanksgiving/Christmas are my favorite times of year and I'm not spending all of my mornings or evenings in the gym!  So here's a sample of two of my workout days during the holidays! It's super hard this time of year but crank it up & find your motivation to stay fit, sugar!

 

No comments: