Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yummyyy!!!

I will be the first to admit that I am not a breakfast person.  I love breakfast foods...just not in the morning.  I prefer eggs and pancakes at night over morning anyday.  I will shamefully admit that if I had to choose a breakfast food to eat in the morning and knew that I wouldn't have to wear it later...I would choose the biggest Krispy Kreme glazed donut that was ever made, every.single.day. Now I'm drooling.  But as we all know, breakfast is a super important part of getting/staying healthy and Krispy Kreme donuts don't really fit in the category with health. No matter how early I get up, I just don't see carving out the time to make myself an egg white omelet and slice up fruit or cook old fashioned oatmeal (the good stuff)...I would much rather spend those extra few minutes sipping my morning coffee and getting my daily dose of Good Morning America while painting my face on.  So my breakfast is super fast, too yummy to be called healthy, and better for me than anything else I eat during the day.  It's a smoothie.  My mom got me this amazing little kitchen gadget called The Ninja.  Oh, let me tell you...this thing has simplified my life in more ways than one.  I used to spend a good 30 minutes shredding chicken with a fork to make my homemade chicken salad...and one press of a button makes it deli-style.  The first time I tried it, my jaw dropped and I jumped with joy.  It's really the little things that excite me.  But that's beside the point...I'm talking about smoothies here.  I throw in 1 heaping scoop of Syntha 6 Vanilla Protein Powder (i love protein), 5 whole frozen strawberries, 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt (more protein), 1 c. almond milk, 1/2 c. old fashioned oats (protein/good carbs), and a little bit of water because I don't like a really thick smoothie.  I press that ninja button for about 5 seconds and BAM... there's breakfast, and I drink it on the way to work.  I win.




No comments: