Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Okay, I'm not a peanut butter fudge lover because if I want creamy peanut butter I'll eat it out of the jar.  What I do like are Reese's Peanut Butter eggs/trees/pumpkins/hearts.  I have to limit myself to one a week or I will sit there and eat a whole package or bag of the things.  So I saw a few ideas on pinterest for making these at home and I adjusted the recipes that I found.  The bars didn't turn out creamy or mushy, but they turned out almost like a semi-crunchy cookie texture which I loved.  By the way, I made these because my mom hosted the dessert part of a progressive dinner this weekend held by our church and I convinced her to make everything homemade.  (If you don't already have a church family, allow me to throw in a little word for Liberty Baptist Church here.  I love my church and there are so many opportunities for anyone who desires to do work for the Lord to get involved.  You can visit our church website HERE for more information.)   If any of you know my mom, she is a perfectionist when it comes to keeping her home clean.  So we really made some sweet memories slinging powdered sugar across her kitchen, and Kollyns ended up looking like she went swimming in a pool of peanut butter.  Fun stuff.  That's what life's about.  So here's my recipe & I hope you enjoy! :)

 
Nanny Shawn & Kollyns mixing up the graham crackers & powdered sugar!
 
She wanted to do it by herself!
 
Loving her sweet little peanut butter nose!
 
Aren't they so pretty?
 
I feel like I need to workout from just looking at these jewels. ;)


 

   

No comments: