Monday, January 14, 2013

(Pin)spiration:$2 Teeth Whitening

I'm obsessed with white teeth. I have been since I got my braces off in 10th grade! Back then, Crest whitestrips were my go to treatment...but they made my teeth super sensitive (I get chills thinking about it, ickkk). I don't drink any soft drinks at all (eww), but I do enjoy coffee everyday.  I sip my coffee through a straw & put it behind my teeth so it doesn't stain them. I know, who would go to all that trouble for white teeth right? It seems so vain & superficial, but it really isn't. It's the same to me as working out or eating healthy or washing my hair! It is taking care of what God gave me...& I don't think that's unreasonable! Well the dreaded Crest commercials with the lovely slogan "If you're not whitening, you're yellowing..."  seems to be on repeat on the tv lately & it made me kind of paranoid.  And I had noticed that my teeth were not as sparkly as they used to be, we can't have that.  I saw on pinterest that the main ingredient in most whitening products is peroxide...so before I brush I mix a capful of peroxide with water & swish for 30 secs to a minute. Then I mix my normal toothpaste with a little bit of baking soda & brush as usual. Instant results, I tell ya! I plan on doing this a few times a week as it's simple, CHEAP (my favorite part) and effective! Below are my results, yes those are my teeth. And after seeing the after pics, my before pic seriously grosses me out. The 2nd picture was taken immediately after the 1st treatment in the same light. The 3rd picture was after a 2nd treatment and the flash was on, which makes them look brighter too! It works guys, I promise!!!
 

 

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Definitely will be doing this!