Monday, January 21, 2013

Recipe Review: Red Velvet Poke Cake

I love to bake.  But I also love to be healthy.  So the number one trick for me is to bake something that I won't be tempted to eat an entire pan of.  In this case, it's red velvet cake.  I like red velvet, but I don't love it...so I figured this would be a safe dessert to have staring me in the face everytime I opened the fridge.  Now if this were chocolate cake, nothing would be able to hold me back.  Exactly why it's not a chocolate cake.  I saw this recipe on pinterest and baked exactly according to the recipe.  But after tasting it, I would definitely use cream cheese icing instead of the cool whip.  The cool whip icing makes for a less fattening version of this cake, but red velvet cake isn't very bold in taste and I think cream cheese icing would give it just the right amount of sweetness.

 

 
 
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments: