Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sprinkle Rimmed Mason Jars With Stripey Straws: The Life of the Party

I'll be gradually posting bits and pieces from Kollyns' party on here that I captured with my phone until my camera decides to cooperate and let me download all of the good ones!  I went into DIY mode in the weeks leading up to this party and just decided to go for it.  And by 'go for it' I mean 'work myself ragged & spend too much money.' Yeah, I will be needing a full year to recover from this birthday extravaganza...and maybe even longer than that.  In the end though, it was ALL WORTH IT.  And although Kollyns won't remember any of it probably, we have all of the precious memories captured to remind her of her big day.  The things we do for our kids, I tell ya.  One of my favorite things I did for this party that was a huge hit with our guests were the sprinkle rimmed Mason jars with bright stripey straws.  It was super easy and made a big statement!  And my strawberry punch (recipe & pics to come), which turned out a pink peachy color completed the look perfectly! And I couldn't help but smile when I saw people eating the sprinkles and white chocolate off of the rim!  YES!

 
If you like this look...make it happen!
Mason Jars from Kroger
Stripey Sorbet Straw Mix from Shop Sweet LuLu
1 Bag of White Ghirardelli Chips (Melted)
Sprinkles of your Choice
Enjoy!

No comments: