Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cadbury Creme Egg Chocolate Bundt Cake

It's the week of Easter, and what says Easter like a Cadbury Creme Egg?  Oh my yum. I have never ever ever tried to bake a bundt cake before.  I've always thought they were out of my league and were only for experienced bakers.  That is until I stumbled upon an amazing blog called Mix & Match Mama.  She uses a basic bundt cake recipe that includes a store bought cake mix and jello instant pudding and a few other ingredients that can be switched up a gazillion different ways to make this cake taste however you want.   I've really been missing out! They are a piece of cake to make! Ha! I crack myself up sometimes.  No but really, I can't get over how heavenly this cake tasted.  And it wasn't even a challenge.  As always Kollyns enjoyed measuring & pouring in the ingredients, and she definitely enjoyed tasting the finished product.  I'm telling you, this cake was so good...my husband woke up in the middle of the night sleep talking, begging me not to take it to work.  Here's a recipe for the most delicious bundt cake you've ever tasted...the CADBURY CREME EGG CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE! Don't you just feel like you need to hit the gym from saying the name of it?  Wait until you taste it.

You Will Need
For the Cake
1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Cake Mix
4 Eggs
2 Small Boxes of Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Cup of Water
8 Cadbury Cream Eggs (Chopped)
For the Icing
3 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1 Stick of Butter (Softened)
1/2 Cup of Milk (add or subtract a few splashes to achieve desired consistancy)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding, oil, water & eggs with electric mixer.  Once blended, fold in 4 chopped cadbury eggs.  Grease bundt pan (I use Pam), pour mixture in and bake for 40 minutes.  Let cake cool in pan for several minutes, then flip it onto a platter and allow it to cool for another 30 minutes.  While cake cools, combine powdered sugar, softened butter and milk until it becomes creamy.  Add in vanilla extract and spread icing on cooled cake.  Top with remaining Cadbury Eggs.  Prepare to swoon.  I put it in the refrigerator because I like cold desserts.

I ate this warm with a big glass of milk at first.  But I tasted a bite for breakfast (yes, only a bite) and it was EVEN BETTER cold. 

Make this, and everyone will love you forever.



No comments: