Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easter Krispies!

I love every holiday, but Easter is by far one of my favorites.  So I skipped right over St. Patricks Day...mostly because I wasn't feeling "Green Krispies" and thought pink would be much more appealing.  Kollyns loves helping in the kitchen and this was kind of a messy mission if you throw a 2 year old into the mix.  But in my opinion, the bigger the mess...the better the memory.  Here's the recipe I used & some pictures of the not so beautiful, but very delicious finished product!

Grocery List
4 Tablespoons Butter
6 Cups Marshmallows
Pink Food Coloring (or purple or blue or whatever you're in the mood for!)
6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1 1/2 Cups Easter M&Ms

Melt butter in the microwave for about 45 seconds in a big bowl!  Once melted, add in your marshmallows and coat them with the butter.  Microwave another minute & a half and immediately add your food coloring.  I added about 4 drops but they turned out kind of reddish pink so I'd add less next time!  Stir until the marshmallow mixture is nice & pink!  Pour in cereal and mix!  Add in M&Ms!  Mix well and spread in a greased 8x8 baking dish.  Press down with a spatula that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray so the cereal won't stick to it! 

Let the bars cool a bit before cutiing or shaping them!  You can make them into egg shapes or crosses & decorate with icing if desired...but we just wanted to eat them so we didn't jazz this batch up!

Enjoy!



No comments: