Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Beautiful!

Oh, what a day it was.  It was alot of work, but my little girl is SO worth it.  And Kollyns loved her party so much that I caught her bursting into spontaneous solo dance parties every now and then.  Seriously.  She was so happy, and that made me so happy!  I kind of went all out for this party...and I had to keep reminding myself that she is just 2, NOT 16.  Lord help me when the 16th birthday party rolls around.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the party! Enjoy! :)

Sprinkle Rimmed Mason Jars with Stripey Straws (Straws from Shop Sweet Lulu)

 Oversized Balloons from Shop Sweet Lulu & White Sparkle Hanging Decor
 
I made the labels myself out of $.50 wooden rectangles, chalkboard paint, & glitter paper!

Candy Bar. Yummy!

Veggie Cups.  Striped cups from Shop Sweet Lulu!

I cut the 2 out of cardboard, painted it, glued on sprinkles & bordered it with sequins!

DumDum arrangement.  Styrofoam ball + old vase + 300 dum dum suckers.
We are still trying to put a dent in our dum dum stash.

Shimmer gumballs!

 

Banner made by me out of Glitter Paper!

White chocolate dipped Rice Krispy Treats with sprinkles on stripey straws!

My FAVORITE part of the party!  Chevron decorated cake from Magnolia Foods in Lynchburg!

They really did a beautiful job and their cakes are TO DIE FOR.  I'm not even kidding.
I added the flowers.

My Strawberry Slush Punch Recipe
For the Punch Rings
2 Cups of White Sugar
6 Cups of Water
1 6 oz box of Strawberry Flavored Jell-O
1 Can of Pineapple Juice
1/2 Cup of Lemon Juice
1 Quart of Orange Juice
For When You Serve It Up
2 -2 Liter Bottles of Sprite
1 Quart of Orange Juice
1 Can of Pineapple Juice
In a large saucepan combine sugar, water and jello.  Bring to a boil and allow it to boil for about 3-5 minutes.  Stir in 1 can of pineapple juice, 1 quart of orange juice, and 1/2 cup of lemon juice.  Pour into GladWare/ZipLoc containers of your choice, and freeze for at least 1 day.
I ended up with 3 punch rings and only used 2.
Take out 2 punch rings 2 hours before party and put in punch bowl or serving dish of your choice.
Add
2 gallons of Sprite, 1 Quart of Orange Juice & 1/2 Can of Pineapple Juice
It came out to be the perfect peachy color to match the party, and it tasted great!

Kollyns had just had a nap and was slowly warming up to her party!  Haha!




Family Pic!

Mini Berry Cups with Whipped Cream!  I thought they were cute!



 Individual Homemade Mac & Cheese Cups. 
 These were a fail because I lost my mind for a sec and I didn't add enough salt before I cooked them!  Wahhh.  But a salt shaker beside the Mac & Cheese tower fixed the problem!
Striped Cups from Shop Sweet Lulu



She almost took a dive into the cake!

Guests took home candy in Chevron Paper Bags with Matching Washi Tape from Shop Sweet Lulu!

No comments: