Monday, April 1, 2013

Almond Joy Bundt Cake


First of all, doesn't this cake just look like a delicious gigantic chocolate and coconut donut?  I'm pretty sure that's why I love bundt cakes...because they look like giant donuts, and I love donuts so much I seriously do not allow them in my house.  And since I've been on a cake baking roll lately, I'm refusing to bake another bundt cake for at least a week even though I probably won't make it that long.  So since 'Kelsey Crocker' is taking a little break, I figured I'd make my last bundt cake for awhile a meaningful one.  Of course it would be an Almond Joy cake!  The flavor of this one trumps all of my cakes to date, but I think I'm partial because it's made with a candy named after my blog. ;)  If you love coconut and chocolate together, you should definitely go for it with this one.  It's worth every little calorie, I promise!

You Will Need
For the Cake
1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist Milk Chocolate Cake Mix
4 Eggs
1 Box of Chocolate Jello Instant Pudding
1 Box of Coconut or Coconut Cream Jello Instant Pudding*
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Cups of Water
8 Miniature Almond Joy Candy Bars (Chopped With Almond Removed)
For the Icing
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1/2 Stick of Butter (Softened)
3 Splashes of Milk
1/2 Cup of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
1/2 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes

Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding, oil, water & eggs with electric mixer. Once blended, fold in chopped Almond Joy candy bars. Grease bundt pan (I use Pam), pour mixture in and bake for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for several minutes, then flip it onto a platter and allow it to cool for another 30 minutes. While cake cools, combine powdered sugar, softened butter, hershey's chocolate syrup and milk until it becomes creamy.  Spread icing on cake and top with sweetened coconut flakes. Enjoy!

*If you can't find coconut flavored pudding replace with a box of chocolate Jello instant pudding

Recipe adapted from the many bundt cakes you can find at Mix & Match Mama

No comments: