Thursday, April 4, 2013

Banana Cream Cake


First of all, I want to wish my wonderful hunky husband a very very happy 26th birthday!!! Wait, what?  I swear we were just 18.  Our lives have shifted quite a bit over the last 8 years, but one thing has never changed...I love that man to pieces.  Anyone that knows us knows that we are exact opposites.  I mean way opposite.  He's outgoing, I'm shy.  He likes to sleep, I wake up at the crack of dawn.  He likes to go places, I like to sit at home in my pajamas.  He likes to fish and hunt, I don't like to get dirty.  The list goes on and on, but the point is...we BALANCE each other out.  There's that word again.  There is never a dull moment with us and in this ever changing, crazy world...It's good to know I'll always have him by my side.  My very own hardworking, fun to look at, loving, funny, sweet country boy.  It doesn't get any better than that.  The one thing we do have in common is that we enjoy the simple things in life, like food.  What better way to celebrate a birthday than a good ol' Banana Cream Cake.  It's like banana pudding (one of my fave desserts), in cake form.  YES.  Happy Birthday Babe!

You Will Need
For the Cake
1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist French Vanilla Cake Mix
4 Eggs
2 Small Boxes of Jello Instant Banana Cream Pudding (Or if you want it to be more vanilla-y, use a vanilla pudding in place of one of the banana puddings)
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Cup of Water

For the Icing
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1/2 Stick of Butter (Softened)
2 Splashes of Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
SPRINKLES or Crushed Nilla Wafers for Topping

Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding, oil, water & eggs with electric mixer.  Grease bundt pan (I use Pam), pour mixture in and bake for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for several minutes, then flip it onto a platter and allow it to cool for another 30 minutes. While cake cools, combine powdered sugar, softened butter and milk until it becomes creamy. Add in vanilla extract and spread icing on cooled cake. Top with sprinkles or Nilla Wafers! 

P.S. All of these bundt cakes taste better refrigerated, I guess because of the pudding in them! Yummy.

Visit Mix & Match Mama to see lots more bundt cake ideas.  Her website is where I get all of these lovely bundt cake recipes, and/or use them for inspiration for my own creations.

No comments: