Monday, April 15, 2013

Coconut Cream Cake


I love coconut.  And I love chocolate.  Coconut + Chocolate = Pure Delight.

You may remember seeing a picture of this delish cake HERE among other wonderful things that resulted from me ditching social media and enjoying every moment last weekend.  I gave this cake away about 3.5 seconds after I made it because it would've posed a threat to my overall well being if it were staring at me everytime I opened my refrigerator.  And really part of the reason I love baking is because it makes the people that I love really really really happy when I bring them a cake. Which makes me really really happy.

You will need:

1 Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
2 Small Boxes of Coconut Cream Jello Instant Pudding
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Cups Water
4 Eggs
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1/2 Stick of Butter (Softened)
3 Splashes of Milk
1 Cup of Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 Box of Coconut Cream Vanilla Instant Pudding

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Combine cake mix, puddings, eggs, water & vegetable oil in large bowl with electric mixer. Once blended, pour into greased bundt pan (I use Pam) and bake for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for several minutes, then flip it onto a platter and allow it to cool for another 30 minutes. While cake cools, combine powdered sugar, softened butter and milk & 1/2 box coconut cream instant pudding. until it becomes creamy.  Allow it to thicken in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before spreading it on cooled cake.  Top with coconut flakes & enjoy!

Make sure you use german chocolate cake mix too, & try your very best to find the coconut cream pudding...because those two really put this cake over the top. If you can't find the coconut cream pudding you can always use vanilla pudding and add coconut flakes to the batter. But really, FIND the coconut cream pudding! :)

Adapted from this recipe at Mix & Match Mama

No comments: