Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins


I love muffins, but I have never ever attempted to make them homemade.  My kitchen was a hot mess last night.  I'm talking flour all over me, and Kollyns, and the refrigerator doors and probably even the ceiling.  I have to be real honest, these little things are kind of a pain in the butt to make.  But I found satisfaction in knowing EXACTLY what was going into my muffins.  That's the beauty of making something at home, and feeling good about what I'm feeding my family.  It makes all of the work well worth it.  These were delicious and tasted so fresh!!! They are at the top of my breakfast list from now on.  I can't wait to use this same recipe and switch up the fruits I use! 

You Will Need

1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Medium Banana Mashed
1/2 Medium Banana Diced
1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
1 Beaten Egg White
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Diced Strawberries


Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.  Spray muffin tray with Pam.  In a large bowl, pour in the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda & cinnamon.  Mix well.  Add in the mashed banana and stir.  Add applesauce, egg white, vanilla, and stir.  Careful not to overmix.  Fold in the diced strawberries and banana slices.  Pour batter into muffin tray. I filled the cups almost to the top because I like a big puffy muffin.  Bake for 15 Minutes.  Enjoy! 



Recipe Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

OMG,this recipe is sooo yummy.*__*
I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
Let me know follow you then back.
Lovely greets Nessa