Friday, April 12, 2013

I Broke Up With Social Media

Last Friday I was at my mom's spending time with her as I always do.  We were mid-conversation and she said "Kels, do you ever put that phone down?" I was spending 'quality time' with my mom while subconsciously scrolling through my phone out of HABIT.  I wasn't even thinking about it, or paying attention to what I was looking at. And honestly, I didn't even realize that my phone was in my hand.  What the heck is wrong with me?  I'm sitting here missing out on valuable time with my mom & daughter because I am consumed with these outlets of communication with people I barely know.  Then I thought about it and recalled the times when I have been trying to have a conversation with someone and they were talking to me, but their eyes were glued to a phone.  So annoying.  Oh my gosh, I'm that annoying person that doesn't halfway pay attention to people when they are trying to have a conversation with me!  At that moment I vowed to put my phone down for an entire week and see how much of life I had been missing & how much of a difference it made in how I spent my time.  Saturday morning I woke up at 7am and instead of laying in my bed scrolling through my phone I left it on the charger, hopped up & made my coffee. The rest is history.  We have had the best weekend/week in a long time.  I had some amazing conversations and we had some fabulous little adventures.  I didn't miss social media at all and I will no longer have my phone attached to my hand at any time!  Here's a little recap of the past week.

FinLee & BroDee both had haircuts and baths by 9am on Saturday!  They look so handsome!



We played in the yard after we finished working out!

We posed a little bit.

And ran around the yard ALOT.

And baked another cake.

Chocolate Coconut to be exact.

Went to church.

I took some pretty little pictures of the most beautiful girl.
 We went to the river and spent time with Nanny Betty & Papa Roger.



And this isn't even half of it.  But I learned a valuable lesson this past week, and I refuse to miss another beautiful moment with my family because of a silly phone.  I'm not saying I will never again get on facebook or twitter, but I'm limiting it to when my pretty girl is fast asleep!

:)

No comments: