Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Made From Scratch Cinnamon Bread

After a somewhat stressful weekend, my oven was calling my name.  It felt like it had been so long since I had baked something...even though I think it was only like 4 or 5 days.  Baking is something I enjoy.  It's my stress reliever, my muse.  I think in order to get past my banged up car sitting in front of my house with a tarp draped over it...I had to do some serious baking.  Like something from SCRATCH.  I'm sort of in love with the whole made from scratch idea lately.  It just doesn't get any better than knowing exactly how your food is made, and exactly what's in it.  Kollyns and I pulled out my favorite pink mixing bowl and went to town on the homemade cinnamon bread recipe I found!  It is SO GOOD!  Too good to be hanging around in my kitchen.  The recipe makes two loaves, so I left one at home for Devin to have for breakfast and I brought one to work!  Rave reviews, I tell ya.  Make this bread if you want to impress. They will be begging you for the recipe after they try it, I promise! :)

You Will Need:

1 Cup of Softened Butter
2 Cups of Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Cups of Buttermilk
4 Cups of Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda

For Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
2/3 Cups Sugar + 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon

Mix butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs.  Add buttermilk, flour and baking soda & mix well.  Mix the cinnamon sugar mixture up in a separate bowl & set aside.  Divide half of the batter between two greased loaf pans.  Sprinkle most of the cinnamon mixture into both pans and swirl it in with a knife.  Pour the rest of the batter equally into both pans.  Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top of both.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes!  Cool in pan for several minutes before removing.





 
  Recipe adapted from Redfly Creations

No comments: