Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Tree

I had big plans for this past weekend.  I was going to do lots of adventurous things and blog about them!  But Friday when we got home from work, we had just gotten in the door good and this crazy stormed rolled in.  After about 10 seconds of incredibly strong winds, this happened...


A lovely tree from across the street was uprooted and fell across the road, and onto two of our vehicles.  I was screaming, Kollyns was screaming, and Devin was running in circles around the house trying to figure out what the heck we were supposed to do next.  The tree also brought down the main powerline, so we didn't have power.  I finally got around to getting a good look at my vehicle, and  every single part of my car has a dent, a ding, a busted window, a dangling mirror, a cracked sunroof, or a bent something.  Awesome.  Devin's truck is pretty banged up too, but my car took the biggest hit.  I screamed some more, and cried a little.  And then I just stopped whining.  I realized that this is why we pay for insurance, and vehicles can be replaced.  Kollyns & I hadn't been out of the car for more than 5 minutes when this happened.  We could've been in there.  My kid could've gotten seriously hurt.  That would've been something worth crying over.  So then I started praising God, thanking him for sparing us real pain...and allowing this to be something that we could look back on and laugh about later in life.  The Big Man was looking out for us, and I broke down reflecting on just how good He is, and how I don't come close to deserving His mercy and grace.  When things like this happen, it shows us who is really in control.  Things are going to happen, but worrying does not add a day to this life.  Our lives are in His hands, and I find complete peace in knowing that.

2 comments:

Amy Kruszec said...

Ouch! I am glad no one was hurt especially your little cutie pie but I would totally have cried too!!

Kelsey Almond said...


Thank you Amy! It was scaryyy!