Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  I have the best moms ever and Mother's day is even sweeter now that I get to share it with my beautiful daughter.  I feel so overwhelmingly blessed.  We had a lot of places to go to celebrate.  And even though my insurance still hasn't pulled through yet with my check for another car, Kollyns and I were riding my little two door Honda from high school like it was our job this weekend.  It's starting to grow on me again even though we have to do some gymnastics to strap her into her car seat, and I'm sweating bullets before we even pull out of the driveway.  Too bad it isn't practical anymore because it sure gets good gas mileage.  And that's a good thing with the running around we did this weekend.  Here's a photo recap because I just don't have enough words to describe our entire weekend...but it was an amazing time and we made some really great memories with the ones we love!

One photo overload coming right up...
 
I knew the weekend was going to be awesome because Kollyns had this look on her face right before we left work on Friday.  This face means it's party time...
 
Saturday morning I woke up and surprised my lovely husband with breakfast in bed.  I know what you're thinking.  Why was I cooking breakfast on Mother's Day weekend?  I don't know.  But ever since I learned how to cook bacon in the oven, cooking breakfast is super fun for me.  Spare me the grease popping, Kelsey jumping circus that used to occur in my kitchen when I cooked bacon on the stove top.

Saturday morning we head to Nanny Shawnee's Tawnee's house to workout and Kollyns was looking fly as usual! ;)
 
Midway through my workout she decided she needed a break.  With her sunglasses still on.  Best $2 I've ever spent.
 
 
Then we headed to WalMart where I found these incredibly awesome bundt cake pans/carrying containers.  I probably didn't need two.  But Happy Mother's Day to me.
 
While Kollyns napped, mommy went to town in the kitchen.  These 3 ingredient Oreo balls are the easiest thing I have ever made.  Recipe here
 
 
 
Which led to this amazing Dreamsicle Bundt Cake.  Recipe Here.
 
And since I bought two new bundt pans, obviously I needed to make two cakes so I could justify my purchase to my husband use them both.

These two really wanted cake.  But don't feel bad, I gave them a Beggin Strip instead.  Way better than cake. 

Kollyns and mommy on the way to church!  

Trying to keep this one entertained during a worship service is quite the challenge.  But stickers always buy us a few quiet minutes.
 
 Time for a little Mother's Day celebration with the fam!

We love our Aunt Shana.
 
Kollyns' sweet cousin Mason chased her around so this mama could eat without having to worry about where the little one was.



My mom is gorgeous.
 
 
 And obviously, so is my Aunt.



Our attempt at a group picture of the girls is pretty amusing. Of course Emily (in the blue) is the only one ready.

Kollyns and Nanny Tawnee 

Kolly Belle and Great Granny Dolly

 
And finally, a trip to Nanny Shawnee's house is never complete unless we get to feed the fish tish.




 
Blessings everyone!  And to all of you Mommies out there...I hope your family honored you and made you feel incredibly special! 

And to top it all off, I'm FINALLY going car shopping tomorrow.  Heck YES!  Happy dance, happy dance.

       

4 comments:

Aunty Shana said...

You sooo good!!!!!
Love you sweet girls!!!!! And sweet boy! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Love you so much!

Jackrock said...

Kelsey I meant to tell you them Oreo balls were the bomb!

Kelsey Almond said...

Thanks Jack! I'll be sure to make them for the next family function too! ;)