Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Registry Essentials Part Three: Traveling & Gear

 
Goodness I'm slow.  I've been meaning to get around to this post for the past few days but I just haven't had the time.  It's finally here...and I pinky promise that all of these products are pretty much awesome!  Of course you don't need every single one of these, but I definitely recommend them!  Traveling with a baby is a flipping pain in the butt if you don't have the right gear, and hopefully my little list will help you get on the right track when choosing what will work for you and what you need!
Britax B-Agile B-Safe Travel System-  Britax is amazing. You really can't go wrong with this brand, and they have such adorable prints! 
Britax Boulevard 70-G3- Zebra- You had me at zebra.  Best toddler seat ever, and it is so bulky and well made I feel confident that she is as safe as she can possibly be in this jewel.  By the way this is the only place you will find me saying that 'bulky' is a good thing. :)
An Awesome Diaper Bag - My diaper bag was this amazing Coach baby bag stitched patent tote.  I do realize that at $398, this isn't something you would register for unless you want everyone to think you are crazy.  This was a gift from my parents and let me tell you, I was stylin'...but the number of times this beautiful bag was puked on, pooped on, spilled on etc. would have made me sick if I had paid for it.  My advice is to opt for a cheaper more baby proof option...but who in their right mind would turn down a Coach diaper bag if it was given to them?  Not this girl! :)
Moby Wrap- This my friends, is the only way I ever got anything done when Kollyns was an infant. (Remember THIS post?) From birth to about 8 months I was rocking the Moby just about all the day long.  I totally didn't peg myself as a baby wearing mama, but I quickly became one once I realized how incredibly difficult it was to do my household chores with a baby in one arm.  No belts, buckles or straps is what sold me on this one.  So comfy for both baby and mama!
Aprica Play Yard- If we had needed a play yard for Kollyns we would've went with this one.  Reasonably priced and great reviews!  And it's 1000 times cuter than any pack and play I've ever seen.
Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper-  I recommend this to every mom or mom to be I've ever talked to.  It truly is so wonderful.  It's narrow enough to fit right beside the bed and everywhere else, it's so light and folds up so well that you can carry it up and down stairs, through a narrow doorway, or anywhere else for that matter.  We even took it to the beach in place of a play yard the first year we went because it was just so much easier to pack than a big pack and play.  The incline is great for a gassy baby, or even just for a curious baby because it props them up so that they can see what's going on.  Ahhhmazing.
Bumbo Floor Seat-  I know this has received mixed reviews and many negative critiques because it 'isn't safe'.  But here's my philosophy...there is obviously a reason they call it a 'floor seat'.  If you sit a baby on an elevated surface and they flip out and get hurt it is your fault, not the Bumbo's fault.  We loved our Bumbo.  Especially around the 6 month mark when we started feeding her solids because it was lightweight and SO easy to clean. 
Prince Lionheart Potty Pod or Graco Soft Touch Potty Ring-  I prefer the potty ring because Kollyns likes to use the big potty and mama isn't a fan of dumping and cleaning another toilet on top of the two I already have.  If you prefer a kid size potty, the potty pod won't cramp your style at all because it's super duper cute and modern! 
iGuy iPad Case-  Kollyns isn't like most kids.  TV shows bore her and she would much rather play outside.  The only place she will watch it is in the car.  Well, unless we're talking about Yo Gabba Gabba...she will pretty much watch that anywhere!  From 12-18 months, she would pitch a fit that would make me want to cry with her every single time we tried to go anywhere in the car.  That's until we downloaded a few episodes of Gabba and some awesome apps on the iPad and bought a protective case.  Oh yes, from screaming to silence...it was like a dream. 

Baby Registry Essentials Part One:  The Nursery
Baby Registry Essentials Part Two:  Feeding

3 comments:

Lena Voth said...

I love that potty ring! The toilet trainer seat we have right now has so many knicks and crannies to clean out and that one looks really smooth and simple! Thanks for the share!

XOXO/Lena @ RootandBlossom

Whitney Harness said...

We love the Britax stuff too, have the cow print version of the Marathon for our son! And the potty ring is def a must! Great list :)

Megan said...

Every new mommy needs a Rock and Play...or two! I think I would seriously hurt anyone who tried to take it away from me LOL