Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Caramel Coffee Chocolate Cake

So the sad part about making cakes for other people is that you can't try it before you hand it over, because a slice missing out of a cake would be just plain tacky.  This was my first run with this cake so I was kind of nervous...and come to think about it I probably should've made cupcakes instead because no one notices if a cupcake goes missing.  It turned out so pretty but all I could do was wait and anticipate the phone call from Beth (the birthday girl) giving me the final review of my masterpiece.  The reviews came in and they were fab.  Beth even said it was the best cake she had ever tasted.  And she turned 26, so I mean 26 years worth of cakes and mine was the best?  She even ate TWO pieces, and you don't even understand how big of a health nut this chick is.  Plus, I think I've officially crossed over into grown up territory if I can bake such amazing cakes and hand them over without trial runs or taste tests. Don't you think?  Okay I think I'm done bragging.  But here's the thing:  the cakes that I make are so easy anyone can do it and trick people into thinking you missed your calling of opening up a corner bakery.  They taste homemade, but they are right out of a betty crocker box with some added ingredients that make them over the top delicious.  The original bundt cake recipe can be found over at my all time favorite recipe website Mix & Match Mama.  But you can mix it up all different kinds of ways to get a cake that perfectly suits your taste buds.  Beth is a coffee drinker, so obviously I had to throw that in the cake somewhere...and so the Caramel Coffee Chocolate Cake was born Sunday right in my kitchen.  And I'm thinking it might be one for the books.

You Will Need:

For the Cake
1 Box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
4 Eggs
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup of Freshly Brewed Cooled Coffee
1/4 Cup Coffee Mate International Delight Coffee Creamer (Liquid)
2 Small Boxes of Jello Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
1 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips

For the Frosting
1 Container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting
2 Cups Toll House White Chocolate Chips (Melted in Microwave 2-30 second intervals)
Caramel Sundae Syrup

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine cake mix, eggs, veggie oil, coffee, creamer, and both boxes of pudding mix.  Mix well with hand mixer.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Grease bundt pan (I use Pam Baking).  Pour mixture into pan and bake for exactly 40 minutes.  Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes and flip it onto serving platter.  Allow the cake to cool an additional 30 minutes before frosting. 

You can frost your cake however you would like, but I put the chocolate frosting in a large plastic bag, cut the corner and drizzled it over the cake.  I love the way drizzled icing looks.  I did the same with the white chocolate chips and the caramel sundae syrup. 

Enjoy the cake and the compliments.  ;)

4 comments:

Jen Vroi said...

I must make this! Found you through the blog hop :) Following!

- Jen

Kelsey Almond said...

You definitely should try it! Thank you! :)

Victoria Rothgeb said...

I had the PLEASURE of tasting this cake and it is pure HEAVEN!! Kelsey you are such a great baker! Thank you for making it for Beth's birthday.. now you have to make another one for yourself! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Awww thank you so much!!! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed it! Hope you and your sweet baby are doing great! :)