Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Recap

For some reason this weekend felt long.  And I am so incredibly thankful because I enjoyed it so much.  Devin works a lot, but thankfully he was able to get a day off this weekend and we enjoyed some much needed family time. More pool fun?  Yes please!
 
Saturday was filled with lots of backyard fun.
 



Then mommy and Nanny Shawnee did walking lunges...YES, walking lunges! Up and down this driveway....
 
there's more...
 
and we beasted it.  Which is probably why my mom is almost 49 and still looks like this...
I know, it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that my beautiful mama is a grandma!  I can only hope I inherited her crazy good genes.

There is nothing in this world that makes my kid happier than being in a pool.  Sunday after church she barely made it through the pool fence before pulling off her dress and jumping in.  Sometimes she just can't contain her excitement and I have to remind her that she needs a swimsuit. 
 
 And when mommy got tired, daddy took over pool duty.
 
Kollyns insisted that our dog FinLee should join in on the family pool fun.
 
And a little basketball lesson from daddy finished up the weekend right.

 
So 6 hours in the pool + 1 hour of basketball = a sleeping kiddo by 9pm. 
Which left me plenty of time to thank the good Lord for all of the wonderful blessings he has poured over me and my family.  I cherish every moment with them!
And after a nice long prayer and a good night's sleep...mama woke up well rested and ready to take on the new week!  Happy Monday Y'all!

14 comments:

Tamara @ The Workout Mama said...

What a fun weekend! I thought you were joking when you said that was your mom. What a pretty family!

Kelsey Almond said...

Anytime we go places together everyone thinks she is my sister! :) You're so sweet, thank you!

Haylee Champion said...

Nice blog! I am a new follower from 'The Collective' blog hop. I'm excited to read more. :)


-Haylee @jetsandabrunette.blogspot.com

Areeba said...

Such lovely little family. Look, with honest words, I can't believe that she is your mum. She looks so young and pretty!
New follower from The Collective blog hop. Can't wait to read more :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Thanks so much! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you! I do have one pretty mama! :)

BeaumontGirl said...

Such a cute blog and family! I am lovin looking around!!!! Following from the hop :)

http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you! :)

Allison said...

gorgeous family-) look forward to following along!

LeiShell said...

What a gorgeous family and fun weekend! Following along now:)

Melanie Heyns said...

You have such a beautiful family. Looks like you had an awesome weekend as well.

Mel
http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you so much & thanks for following! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you!!! So happy to have you as a follower!

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you Melanie! We had a great one!