Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recap

Well I'm officially old.  My little brother celebrated his 16th birthday this weekend.  Hold the freakin' phone!  There is no possible way he is already 16.  Like as in 3 months pre driver's license.  And I'm definitely 9 years and 9 months older than my little bro so that means this girl is closing in on the big 26.  Sheesh, where does the time go?  I swear I was just 16 myself.

This is my not so little brother.  Goodness he has grown up too fast.  But I have to say he is an amazing kid and I'm so incredibly proud of him.  Love you Landon!!!

Landon & Daddy.  A couple of my favorite dudes.

We rode the boat for a few minutes and I held her tight because I'm super duper paranoid when we are close to dark, large, deep bodies of water.  I'm more of a pool girl.

We love our 'Nanny Paps' to the moon & back.  And clearly I still haven't gotten around to a haircut.  Geez it is ridiculously long.
 
My brother's girlfriend is still just as cute as ever!
 
And of course Kollyns had to help Uncle Teddy blow out his candles!

After we finished celebrating my sweet brother, we went to dinner with friends of ours and ate on the patio of this lovely restaurant.  I'm so in love with this lighting.  When we finally do build a house I'm stringing it from tree to tree in my back yard and I don't plan on ever leaving my back yard once that happens.

And daddy fed Kollyns her favorite food in the whole wide world, 'sketti'.


Sunday we went to church and came home and baked a yummy cake

for the best friend a girl could ask for!  Happy Birthday Beth!
 
It was a caramel coffee chocolate cake, and it was magically delicious (or so I've heard).  I didn't actually get to taste it.  Wahhh.  Recipe will be up on the blog tomorrow!
 
Then we spent some time at the fish pond...
 
and a little bit of time at the pool with Nanny Tawnee.

And this is one of Kollyns' favorite expressions.  I never want to forget this face because I've been told I had the exact same expression alot when I was younger.

How pretty is this little picture?

Oh and more fish pond time.


And Kollyns and I discovered this new Gatorade with no artificial colors or flavors in Nanny Tawnee's fridge!  ChaChing.  I think I love it.

And this is another face I never want to forget.  "Mommy my have to pottyyy."  She always waits until the last minute to tell me and this is the face that accompanies the squirming while she's trying to get through the bathroom door before it's too late.


And no weekend is complete without watermelon.

Lots and lots of watermelon.

Sorry for the photo overload!  ;)  Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Felicias Red Door Life said...

Looks like a really fun weekend! Her faces are just way to cute.

Want to feel old, wait to your baby brother has a baby of his own. I swear I went into a mild cardiac arrest when I found out (he was 25 at the time)

Whitney Harness said...

Looks like a fun weekend! That cake looks amazing, yum!

Kelsey Almond said...

Oh my goodness, I really can't even imagine that! Yikes!

Kelsey Almond said...

It was fun! Thank you Whitney! I can't wait to make another one so I can actually taste it! :)

Spunkee Belle said...

You're daughter is super adorable!!

-Krystal
www.SpunkeeBelle.com

PS.
Following from Grab A Friend Blog Hop via Bloglovin', GFC, G+, and Pinterest!

Eva @ Snappee Turtle said...

Oh girl, you're still young :) you still have 4 years til you're 30 like me! I kept saying I'd be 29 forever, but I decided to embrace my 30's (no matter how old I still think it sounds!!) Kollyn is super cute! ...and you can never have too many pictures! :)

Megan said...

HaHaHa....You made that face in high school too :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Very true! I kind of enjoy getting older. With age comes wisdom! :) Thank you, I think she is pretty adorable too!!!

Kelsey Almond said...

Haha you're right, I definitely did! & I'm pretty sure I still make that face! ;)