Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake and a Busy Weekend!

We recently celebrated my mom's 49th birthday and it was such a sweet celebration of her life and a fun time spent with family.  I must say I've never seen 49 look this good and I can only hope I inherited her crazy good genes.  
Ever since I discovered Mix & Match Mama's Bundt Cake Recipes I just can't get enough of them and I've officially become the go to 'birthday cake lady' in our family!  I have every intention of trying every single bundt cake on her list, so bring on the birthdays!!!  I'll just have to step up my cardio, but it's all good...these cakes are WORTH IT.  I made the chocolate chip bundt cake for mom's birthday and it was obviously a hit!  It turned out super pretty too! (Recipe Here).  And sprinkles are always a birthday staple!

We have been super busy moving out of our house!  I was so tired from this crazy weekend that I even took a 3 hour nap Sunday after church with Kollyns!  3 HOURS!  What the heck?  This whole process is so bittersweet, because it is our first home and I love it with all of my heart.  But at the same time we are ready to move on.  Every room is empty now except for the playroom, bedroom and kitchen!  Which leaves me feeling a tiny bit empty on the inside.  Wahhhh.

Our empty living room...

...and dining room. :(

But seriously, once my husband and I get our minds set on something we Get. It. Done. as you can see! ;)

While I packed up the bathroom, Kollyns found her way into my makeup.  And I let her play in it, because I can relate to the amount of fun she is having in my little sea of eye shadows.  She is so much like her mama!

And even with everything that was going on this weekend, we still found time to pick flowers and make a few wishes!  :)

Happy Tuesday!
 photo signature_zps07c7bb75.png

4 comments:

Haylee said...

Looks like you had a good weekend. :) I tend to get emotional when I have to move. I can barely take the emptiness when everything gets packed away.

By the way, the bundt cake looks so yummy!

-Haylee @ www.jetsandabrunette.blogspot.com

Whitney Harness said...

that bundt cake looks amazing! the sprinkles!

also Kollyns is so so cute making her wish!

Kelsey Almond said...

Yes it brings up so many emotions! :( The bundt cake was so yummy! Nothing like a big chocolate cake to fill the emptiness I feel from moving! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Yes girl, I love some sprinkles! ;) Thanks Whitney!