Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oh, October

October is the perfect month.  It's a lovely blend of warm days and cool days.  Mornings are great for sitting on the porch and sipping on my pumpkin spice coffee.  Evenings are great for hanging out on the back deck, fishing at the pond, or grilling up some wings to eat while we watch football games.  My porch is now overflowing with pumpkins and mums.  All of which Miss Kollyns helped me pick out...

And my Halloween tree no longer seems odd to people when they visit, after all October 1st is officially the first day it's acceptable to decorate for Halloween.  But I'm different, I love the days leading up to a Holiday even more than I love the actual Holiday itself.  Just wait until someone visits on November 1st and my fifteen Christmas trees are already up and decorated.  I'm that into it.  Halloween tree comes down, Christmas trees go up.  I love a good festive tree.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I'm in major fall mode right now.  And gold just feels extra fall-y to me!  So I'm filling Kollyns' little closet with lots and lots of it.  Old Navy, Baby Gap and Target are all over this trend and I'm loving it.  I just can't take the cuteness.  I'm obsessed.

 
   
 photo signature_zps07c7bb75.png

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love Christmas SO much too!
What a beautiful girl!!