Thursday, November 7, 2013

I'll See You Again

I have not been looking forward to writing this.  Even though I knew this was coming, it's something you just can't prepare yourself for no matter how much time you have to try and prepare.  When Cindy was given two months to live at the beginning of September, it seemed so far off.  But here we are, it's November...and precious Cindy is now with her Lord and Savior.  I can see her now arriving at those beautiful gates, and meeting her heavenly Father.  She is one woman that He can surely look to and say "well done my good and faithful servant".  I miss her.  I miss her so much and I selfishly wish she were still here.  I want my best friend to have her mom back.  I want my best friend's future children to have their granny back.  I want my best friend's mom back because she was like a mom to me.  She was a mom to everyone.  I remember her doing so many things for me that I didn't even ask her to do, too many to name.  She just did things out of the goodness of her heart and to bring glory to God.  What a legacy to leave behind, she made an impact on everyone she met in the sweetest, and most subtle way.  She gave her time to people without expecting anything in return.  What better gift to give to people than your time?  Anytime someone passes away from this life into the next, it's a glaring reminder of just how precious time is and how little of it we have.  She didn't keep any of hers to herself.  She gave, and gave & gave.  We are only here for one reason, to glorify the Lord.  When we meet Him someday, it's all we have to stand on.  We will have to give him an account of all of the things we have done.  Cindy did it all right.  She has inspired me to live the same way that she has.  Full of life, full of joy, full of kindness, love, faithfulness, gentleness, peace, patience, and self-control.  She had the heart of a servant.  May we all have a servant's heart and live all of our days for Christ.  Mama Cindy, I will never forget you.  I will carry you with me for the rest of my life, and I will use what you have taught me to make myself better every day.  I love you so much, and just like I promised...I'll always take care of 'your girl'.  Fly high beautiful angel and take care of my loved ones in Heaven, just as you've always taken care of all of us here.

4 comments:

Dorothy Booth said...

So beautifully written Kelsey.

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you Dorothy. But I could never fully put into words how much she has meant to me. What a special lady.

Donna Joy said...

Beautifully spoken Kelsey.

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you Donna!