Monday, December 30, 2013

Our Year in Review [2013]

So 2013 is coming to a close.  Have you accomplished everything you set out to do at the beginning of this year?  I feel like I stuck to my resolutions for this past year better than I ever have.  Normally I forget about them by February.  This year I blogged about them in this post, which was great accountability for me. 

My 2013 resolutions were:

(1) Spend more quiet time with God and in the word.

This was my most important resolution, and I really feel like I've grown spiritually because of it.  No matter how tired I am, I pick up my Bible every night and read a few passages and pray.  And on top of that, I pray every time I'm in the car and before meals...and randomly throughout the day.  I've found the more I talk to God and the more I reach for him, the sweeter our relationship becomes.  It's hard to describe the fulfillment that a relationship with my Savior brings, but it is certainly a relationship I know I could never live without.  Pure and total unconditional love is what everyone needs, and God gives that to me every day.  I've learned to love myself and others because of it.

(2) Work on patience, a positive attitude and a pure heart.

Oh the struggle.  Between marriage, parenting, work, stress and everything in between...it really is a challenge to have complete and total patience and a perfectly positive attitude.  I'll be the first to admit I've failed at this one this year (if I don't tell you, my husband will...ha), but I've made major leaps and bounds in the right direction.  Thinking before I speak, holding my tongue even when negative word vomit is begging to spew out of my mouth, and genuinely striving to develop a more patient and gentle attitude is where I started with this one.  And eventually the negative thoughts started to leave me and I started realizing that I didn't have to hold my tongue because the negativity was slowly going away.  My prayer everyday is for God to create in me a pure heart and give me the ability to love everyone as He does.  It has really changed me.  But I'm still a work in progress and I will continue to work on this one.

(3) Cook every single day for my family (except for the nights we go out)

Okay so this one must have been a joke.  Or either I had just drank an obscene amount of coffee and had caffeine flowing through all of my veins before I wrote this, because there is no way in the world I could have the energy to cook every single day.  I tried, I really did.  But then I came to realize that this resolution was out of reach for me.  This year I'm aiming for 3-4 days a week.  There's bound to be enough leftovers from those meals to get us through the remaining days. Don't you think?  ;)

(4) Maintain my fitness regimen.

I shouldn't have even made this a resolution.  Fitness is a way of life for me, and I knew when I made this one that this would be the one thing I followed through with.  I did indeed workout 4-5 times a week, every single week this year.  YES.

I have to say 2013 was a great year.  It truly was. 
 
 
 
 






No comments: