Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Just Stay Little.

Every now and then I get overwhelmingly sad at the thought of my little girl growing up.  And on those days I just want to freeze time.  Stop it right in its tracks so my little girl can just stay little.  I really don't feel like it's unreasonable to want that.  She's almost three.  Before long I'll be dealing with attitudes and pre-teen dilemmas, short shorts and boy drama.  Dear God please help me when that day comes.  For now I'm just going to savor these moments that go by way too quickly.  Enjoying now, because some day she won't think Mama's the best thing since sliced bread.  Someday she might just hate me for a quick second because I have to say no when she wants to do something that I don't agree with.  Someday she won't beg to be held or cuddle me as tight as she can at bed time just so she can fall asleep.  Someday she won't run and jump into my arms with excitement when she sees me.  Someday I'll be helping mend her broken heart instead of helping heal her boo boos.  And the part that sucks the most is that someday really isn't that far away.  So for now, I'm clinging to these moments for dear life.  The moments that I make her just as happy as she makes me. 

Stay little my precious girl, for as long as you can. 







No comments: