Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap

What a gorgeous weekend we had.  I mean it was almost 60 degrees on Saturday and Sunday.  It might as well be summer! ;)  Sadly, Devin had to work night shift both nights...but we won't complain because we are super thankful for his great job.  So Friday night Kollyns and I did what any girl would do on a girl's night.  We put on our pajamas, filled our glasses to the rim with chocolate milk, gathered all the junk food we could find, and snuggled up in the bed to watch a movie.  I let her pick, and of all the movies we have my girl chose 13 Going On 30.  Ahhh, a girl after her mama's own heart.  Sign me up for the worst mom of the year award for letting my almost 3 year old watch a PG13 movie, I don't care...we had so much fun.  And we even jumped on the bed during the sleepover scene and it was AWESOME. 

Saturday was spent working out, playing outside, visiting our land and getting excited about seeing the building permit posted.

And deciding to do a handstand right in the middle of my future closet because the pure excitement of seeing our permit and realizing that we would be breaking ground soon just could not be contained...

The rest of our day was spent baking lots and lots of Super Bowl goodies including these yummy soft pretzels...
Recipe HERE.  But I baked them for 12 minutes and broiled them on high the last 2-3 minutes so they would look toasty on top.  They were almost as big of a hit as the S'mores Soft Cookies.
 
Sunday after church we were so in love with the beautiful weather we couldn't even wait to change out of our dressy clothes before we headed outside to enjoy the day.  And since this mama doesn't miss a photo op, I grabbed the Nikon and captured my little beauty having fun in the sun.  Full post from our photo shoot coming soon...
 
And on top of taking 500 frame worthy photos, I managed to find time to play with Kollyns, clean my car inside and out and sweep out the garage.   Only to wake up and find that I should have checked the weather before cleaning my car, because it was raining like crazy this morning.
 
And this is how Kollyns and I feel about that...
 
Happy Monday!
 
 
   

3 comments:

The Southern Thing said...

Those pretzels look good! Reminds me of the ones from the mall!

Kelsey Almond said...

They aren't quite as good as mall pretzels, but close! ;)

Jenni Megan said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!! Those pretzels look quite delicious!