Monday, March 10, 2014

Five on Friday [on Monday]: My Weird Teeth Whitening Routine

I'm kind of a white teeth fanatic...always have been.  A smile can brighten someone's day or make them run for the hills, it's that effective. I have tried every trick on Pinterest trying to get my teeth as white as can be... and some work wonders, and some just don't work at all.  But I've found one that I've stuck with over the past year, and it has worked great and didn't make me feel like my teeth were about to explode in pain caused by sensitivity.  And I have fairly weak teeth, so that's saying something.  So for this week's five on Fri er Monday, here are the five ways I whiten/prevent stains...
1.  I drink my coffee through a straw.  If you know me, you know this.  If you don't know me, you probably know this if you've read the 'about me' section of my blog.  The straw goes behind my teeth so the coffee doesn't wash over them when I drink it.  You are probably 'LOL'ing right now...but I'm completely for real.  And I don't even care how ridiculous I look strategically drinking my coffee through a straw. So there.

2.  I avoid tea and dark drinks.  My one cup of coffee a day is the only dark liquid you will see me drinking.  I keep my Aladdin double walled tumbler with me at all times full of ice water and so I have no excuse to resort to the drinks when I roll through a drive thru if I'm on the road. 

3. Crest 3D White Whitestrips Intensive Professional Effects.  These things are expensive, and it really pains me to buy them, but it's cheaper than going to the dentist for whitening and they work amazingly well.  I used to have extreme sensitivity after treatments until I figured out how to cut the whitestrip to fit perfectly on the front of my teeth so I didn't have to fold them under to cover the back side of my teeth.  Zero sensitivity since then. 

4.  Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste.  I brush my teeth 3 or more times a day with this.  All of the toothpastes in the 3D White line have different percentages of surface stain removal on the label.  This one is the best at 90%! :)

5.  Chew Trident White.  Okay, so this one probably is not the least bit effective as far as whitening teeth, but when I can't get to my toothbrush...it makes my mouth feel super clean.  That's gotta mean something right?  I buy the value sized bag because it's way cheaper and my purse is the size of a mini-suitcase so it fits right in there.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad I'm not the only freak of nature about white teeth. I literally do EVERYTHING you do. With the same exact products. My only downfall is my Dr. Pepper. I drink it religiously (through a straw at all times ha) but it only works so so with soda... And my dentist told me to stop using mouthwash 900x a day and that I brush my teeth TOO much. Apparently it's a bad thing for your enamel and shit...? Haha. Ugh.

Kelsey Almond said...

Oh. Em. Gee. I knew our blog friendship was meant to be. ;) And I mean who needs enamel anyway? White teeth are way more important. Ha.

sara said...

SO SMART to cut the strips down! I am in need of some whitening tricks and I keep avoiding the strips because they hurt me so much after. Any tips for how you get the cut to be exactly the right length?

Kelsey Almond said...

The plastic it is attached to is transparent so I just hold it up to my teeth and estimate! Girl, that trick is a lifesaver. I used to dread using them before I discovered it because my teeth would hurt like crazy!

Emily said...

Hahaha right!?! Enamel shnamel, that's what I think about that... ha.
Holla for blog friendships!

Morgan said...

Teeth lightening has become one in all the most effective solutions to offer somebody associate aesthetically-pleasing look. it's easy, affordable, and hassle-free, for more information click here wisdom teeth removal sunrise.

Michel said...

Being supervised by a dental practitioner, this is often the safest kind of teeth bleaching whereas conjointly the foremost pricey, for more information click here dentist north palm beach.