Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Not again.

You have got to be kidding me.  I woke up yesterday morning and saw the snow falling and accumulating once again.  It's Spring.  I consider where I live to be in the South.  WHY is it still snowing?  I knew they were calling for a light dusting and only predicted that it would stick to grassy surfaces, which was almost okay with me because I just knew it would be gone by tomorrow.  But guess what?  There were 4 frickin' inches of snow on the ground, on my deck, on our dirt pile, and covering our footers.  So as far as house progress goes, you guessed it.  There is none to report.  Oh wait, the electric company did install our temporary pole so we could have a little electricity flowing our way when things get moving...IF they ever get moving.  Leave it to me and Devin to pick the longest winter ever to start building our house.
No, I don't have tractor trailers chilling in my backyard.  I'm at work looking out of the office window.  Crying inside because I really just want a little bit of sunshine and warmth.

Kollyns and I even painted our nails in bright Spring colors Monday in hopes that the snow would decide to skip us and our springy moods.  It totally didn't work.

It's gonna be okay though.  I mean it has to get warm and sunshiny eventually right?  We will have our home sooner or later.  This is probably just the Lord's way of teaching me patience, and giving us a few extra months to save money for new furniture, closing costs, a savings cushion and what not.  He always knows best, so I'm trusting there is a reason for all of this yucky weather.  There has to be.  Anyway, I'm going to stop whining now and keep praying that if we give ourselves enough hot pink Mani/Pedi's that eventually it will stop snowing and I can retire my North Face until at least 9 months from now.

But until then, we might as well play in the snow since we can't make it go away. :)

And who knew a solo cup and a spoon were the two best snow toys ever?  Kollyns just loves the simple things.  My kinda girl.

8 comments:

Hillary Quinn said...

Umm... can she get any cuter? That picture is adorable!

Rachel said...

We had fresh snow this week, too. I've had enough!

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

LOL I know this is awful, but it almost looks like Kollyns has been hanging out at a kegger with that solo cup ;) But, really, she is just adorable! Also, hopefully we are DONE with the snow for good this time!

Kelsey Almond said...

Aww thanks friend! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Me toooo. So done with the snow!

Kelsey Almond said...

Baha, I knowww. And the look on her face definitely looks like that of a wild party girl. Eeeek. Thank you so much. And yeah, if it snows again I really might scream.

Megan said...

She looks like her Daddy in that last picture ;)

Kelsey Almond said...

Haha as long as she doesn't turn into him circa his high school days we will be okay. ;)