Monday, May 12, 2014

Life Lately

To say I've been busy over the past three weeks is an understatement if there ever was one.  I'm guilty of putting my poor little blog on the back burner but I don't feel too bad about it because sometimes you just have to live without blogging about it every day.  Imagine that.  It was refreshing, but I've missed it.  So...
  • The week after Easter was spent preparing for a business trip to the lovely Birmingham, AL.  And by preparing I mean crying every night imagining three whole nights without Kollyns and Devin tucked in tight beside me and playing with Kollyns outside every day because I knew how much I would miss it when I was away. 
  • An eight hour car ride that commenced at 2am Monday-before-last landed me right smack dab in the middle of Birmingham, and apparently right in the middle of a high risk tornado zone during tornado season. 
  • On top of sitting through an 8-4:30 training class every day and missing my family so bad that I was literally queasy every single day I was gone, a screaming alarm pulled my dad and I out of our slumber at 12:30am on the first night.  My dad is the most chill person ever so he was scratching his head sitting in our hotel bath tub half asleep (on the 3rd floor...bad idea daddio) and telling me to calm down even though a tornado had touched down near where we were staying.  I was in sheer panic mode with my husband on the phone screaming and crying because the hotel staff was running through the halls beating on everyone's doors telling us to get to the basement.  I started praying really hard and the tornado disappeared.  Thank the Lord.  That was enough excitement for me to last all year, thank you.
  • I ate a whole pizza from California Pizza Kitchen and a huge piece of blueberry cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory the next night and didn't even feel guilty about it.  Oops.
  • 2 days and a 2 more nights crying on the phone with my little girl and husband, and Face Timing them and my dogs... we were back in the car for another 8 hour ride headed home.  I've never been so happy to be stuck in a car for that long in my life. 
  • I have been home for 2 weeks now and spending countless hours running our current computer system and the new system parallel while entering all of our company information into the new system AND setting up the control files.  I've been a busy girl and will continue to be busy until we go live with this amazing system in June.  Then it will save me time instead of cost me time, I'm counting on it.
  • In the meantime, I've still been working out in my free time and bouncing for hours on end in the bounce house that Santa brought Kollyns.  She recently re-discovered it and I can't tell you how much time we spend on that thing.  Yay for cardio right?  I know...those things have a weight limit.  Don't. Say. A. Word.  And we just play and play and play and that's about all we do because I'm still recovering from missing her so much.  Devin and I even took her to Bounce About the weekend I came home and had the best time just enjoying each other.  Bouncing is the new thing.
 
  • Major progress with our new house, I will update you on that tomorrow with a full post!  I'm so excited to see roof pitches and rooms completely framed up that I could squeal.
 
And....
  • New development:  My husband thinks he needs a motorcycle.  To which I'm fully opposed.  Still trying to convince him that risk taking is not brave, it's stupid.  Boys will be boys.
  • Mother's day was amazing. And I couldn't think of a better gift than a healthy child.  I love my little girl so much and I'll post pictures from our Mother's Day soon.  Pinky promise.

4 comments:

Emily Osborne said...

EFF BEING IN THE SOUTH DURING TORNADO SEASON. My sister lives right outside of Birmingham {her neighborhood was actually hit, but her home & family are safe} and she's always sending me her tornado alerts. Seriously, EFF THAT. No way. Not this girl ha.

Yay for your house!!! What's this feeling? Jealousy? Yup I think that's it...

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Yeah, that tornado thing sounds super scary. Glad you stayed safe!

Kelsey Almond said...

Yeah I'll be just fine if I never ever go back down there ever. Screwww that crazy weather. I came back with a face full of zits from stressing to death over the tornado warnings. Not cool. And yeahhh it's fun building a house and all, but it comes with a hellacious price tag so don't be too jealous. Whomp whompppp. ;)

Kelsey Almond said...

It was not fun girlfriend. Thank you! :)