Friday, June 20, 2014

Garden City 2014

Happy Friday friends!  After a long relaxing week at the beach that felt way too short, and an even longer hectic week back at work...I finally carved about 2.5 seconds into my wack schedule to share a few photos from our much needed vacay.  If you vacation on the East coast I would highly suggest Garden City Beach, SC.  We love it there oh so much.  It's about 30 minutes from the busy area of North Myrtle, 15 minutes from Broadway at the Beach and the Tanger Outlets, and 5 minutes from Murrell's Inlet which is home to the most impressive array of seafood restaurants at the beach.  We love it because it's family oriented, and there's room on the beach for chairs, a tent and a game of paddle ball without the fear of popping someone in the head with a stray ball.  I totally showed Dev up with my pink paddle, and Kollyns was a pro at retrieving the ball when Devin missed it. ;)  Anway, go there.  You will love it.

We stayed in this monster of a house.  Isn't she a beaut?
 
She was my friend until the A/C unit stopped working 2 days into our trip.  Wah.
 
 
But the kiddie pool made up for it.  Because Kollyns stayed in this thing and I sat in a lounge chair right beside it and relaxed.  It was lovely.
 
As soon as we got there she didn't even let us unpack before we had to go see the ocean.
Her first step onto the sand was a small victory for me because last year she wouldn't go near the stuff.  And it wore me slam out carrying her from the towel to the ocean 1536 times.   Her sand-phobia subsided...thank you Jesus.

 
Last years bathing suit still fit her.  And she has grown so much, so apparently it was way too big last year.  Cha Ching, more for my money.
 

 
These two melt my heart.  I love them to pieces.
 
 

 
 
One of the coolest parts about Garden City is that you can ride golf carts on the road to get to the little cafes and surf shops.  We rode at least an hour a day and Kollyns thought she was hot stuff because she didn't have to sit in a car seat. ;)
 

And the beauty of going with family is you have in-house babysitters.  Mama and Daddy had a couple of date nights which were nice! :)


And quite a few family date nights.


And no trip is complete without a few beachy pics.  And a few more family pics.

 
 
I could just eat her up.  It doesn't get any cuter than this.




Lots of fun was had by all and so many memories were made.  Until next year Garden City...

1 comment:

Tawnya Faust said...

Looks like such a great vacation!! I want to visit SC now!! :)