Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Under Roof!

And here we are.  You don't even know how good it feels to have our house under roof, which eliminates the need to pull up weatherchannel(dot)com 265431 times a day to find out whether or not any progress will be made.  We chose the 'weathered wood' roof color because it isn't too dark of a brown and it isn't too light and it matches our brick really well.  Our builder finally was able to give us a rough move in date and told us we should be finished up by the end of August and that was so nice to hear.  I'm super excited about being in our house for the fall and putting pumpkins on our new porch (If we can afford pumpkins then.) ;) Oh the little things make me so happy.
 


I spy a hunky husband.


Main living space.  So excited about our 18ft ceilings (until we get the first electric bill for this mother).

Master bedroom view into master bath. Our tub is framed! Eeek!

Bathtub view is what it's all about y'all.


Dining room columns.

More columns and view into the kitchen from living room.  Upstairs balcony top left.

Foyer.  See that little nook above the front door.  There will so be a Christmas tree there.
 
Kollyns' bathtub. She's excited even though I'm pretty sure she won't use it until she's 13 or 25.  Or until she gets over the excitement of watching ducks swim while she bathes in mommy and daddy's big tub.
 
 I love the play room.  The ceiling pitches and the little nooks are so cute.  It's like a little dollhouse.

And our cabinet sample came in this week.  I am obsessed.  We are so into the distressed look.  Our kitchen walls are going to be SW backdrop, a taupey-grey color which will bring out the greys in the cabinet.  And our floors are super duper dark wood which will compliment it nicely (I think, I hope).
 
SW 7025 Backdrop
 
I just want to say that we are so extremely thankful that we get to experience this and that God has given us the ability and drive to work hard so we can have nice things.  I know full well that life isn't about things. And while building a  home is fun and exciting, (and it has pretty much consumed my blog) we are not letting it consume us because we know everything could change in an instant.  So for now we are just enjoying this process and being thankful to the One from whom all blessings flow.  And I hope you're learning a few things through the eyes of first time builders, or just enjoying watching the house go up too! ;) 
 

8 comments:

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Yay for you guys!! SO exciting!! :)

Amy Kruszec said...

Coming together nicely! Love the cabinets and color for the kitchen...going to look Fab!

Kelsey Almond said...

Yay! Thanks friend!

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you Amy! I hope so. Fingers crossed that I inherited my mom's awesome decorating skills. ;)

Megan said...

Love watching your progress! I would build a new house every 3 years if I could... Love the whole process (except the paperwork)!

Amy Kruszec said...

Haha, I'm sure you did because your kitchen cabinets and color are already amazing choices...and the roof and brick are looking awesome together!

After Eleven Blog said...

Wow, that just took me back! haha. we built a little over a year ago and I totally remember going through, taking pictures, and WISHING we were in our new home. haha. it's going to be beautiful! By the way I just found your blog from the mommy link up and I'm so glad I did! I'm following along on bloglovin now :) yay for a new blogging buddy! haha.

Alice Wang said...

This is what i dream of ,and you know what's life's mening and maximun the vulue of your life.
China Lingerie Manufacturer