Sunday, June 29, 2014

What I Am & What I'm Not

Hi.  This is me.  But you already knew that.  I'm pretty good at sharing surface level things about our life, house updates and random pictures of my beautiful little girl.  But I don't talk about myself that often.  Mostly because I'm not that interesting.  But maybe you want to know just a little bit more about the girl behind the blog.  If so, keep reading.  If not, I don't blame you. Ha.
I am a sinner.
I am not perfect.
But I am saved by grace.
I am not a believer in using grace as an excuse.  And it breaks my heart when I see someone living that way and misusing the most precious gift anyone could ever receive.
I do believe there's a little bit of good in everyone, even if they can't see it themselves.
I am not surprised anytime someone does the wrong thing even though I always like to think they will do the right thing.
I am someone who forgives easily but has a hard time forgetting.
I am not constantly searching for happiness in other places.
I am content and I find complete and total happiness right where I'm at.
I am not a perfect wife.
I am a wife who tries my best and loves my Dev more than I can ever even start to try and put into words.
I am not insecure or crazy.
But I am extremely protective of my husband, kid & family.  And it's very possible I could become crazy if anyone ever tried to hurt them or tear us apart.
I am not a person that can easily hide how I feel.  My emotions are always worn right on my sleeve.
I am an open book and I say what I mean and mean what I say.
I am not someone who gossips or enjoys other people's failures.
I am genuinely happy for other people who are happy and sad for people who are sad.
I am not outgoing and I am way too shy.
I am trying to do better at stepping outside of my comfort zone and allowing God to use me in ways that He could never have used me if I didn't take a deep breath and that first step of Faith.
I am not someone who bases my self worth on what other's think of me, although I used to be.
Now I am aware of how foolish that was and I will never ever let my daughter forget that self worth comes from within and from a God who made her perfect just the way she is.
I am a firm believer in attachment parenting.
I am not ever going to kick my kid out of our bed as long as she wants to sleep there.
I am a breastfeeding advocate and I nursed Kollyns until 3 months before her 3rd birthday.
I am not going to judge you if you didn't breastfeed your kid.
I am the mom that lets her little girl pull out all of her toys at once and absolutely destroy the playroom.
Because I am not going to miss experiences and fun with her in the interest of cleanliness.
I am clean though.  I swear.
I am not good at disciplining Kollyns.  And when I do have to correct her and she gets sad, it rips my heart out and usually I cry too.
I am not lazy and laziness is my biggest pet peeve.
I am a fitness freak and I workout because I love the way it makes me feel.
I am not fun to be around until I've had my first cup of coffee, and even then I'm still not really that fun.  To be honest, I'm pretty boring.
Until I run out of caramel vanilla coffee creamer. Then I can pitch a fit that's entertaining for just about anyone.
I am a person who plays it safe.
I am not a rule breaker.
I am obsessed with saving money and I literally cry over purchases that exceed $100 until I convince myself that I needed whatever it was bad enough to not let it bother me anymore.
I am not looking forward to the house payment that is coming in our near future.
But I am excited about finally having a home that was built after 1940 and has even floors and walls without cracks ...and I know that it's a good investment.  Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
I can promise you material things don't mean squat to me.  Although I've always had nice stuff and based on my house updates you would think I'm consumed by them.
Things are just things and if I lost it all tomorrow and still had my family and our health, you would never hear me complain.
I am not that good of a blogger.  And I used to let that bother me. Until I realized if people are reading it there must be something good on here every once in a while.
I am laid back and easy going.
Until I'm late for something.  Then you would never know I'm laid back and easy going.
I am a pajama person. But I'm also a makeup person.  I wear makeup while I'm in my pajamas.  So weird.
I am all about my little family.  I'm pretty sure that the sun rises & sets in Devin and Kollyns.
I am not so naive that I think my kid or my husband are perfect.  We are all a little bit of a mess most of the time.  But my love for them is perfect.  
And when you love two people that wholly and unconditionally and they love you right back...Life is just about as good as it gets.


I'm done.

I think.

5 comments:

Tawnya Faust said...

I love reading these kinds of posts! I am a relatively new follower and I think you're a pretty good blogger... I keep coming back for more and I think that says something. Plus Kollyns (love her name btw) is the most adorable little thing! I too love wearing PJ's or sweatpants with make up on... I don't wear a lot of makeup, I just feel more confident and ready to conquer the world with it on! :)

Tawnya

www.littlebabyscarlett.blogspot.ca

Amy Kruszec said...

Thanks for sharing:) Yay! Another pajama and make up wearing momma! Woo hoo:) haha God shines through you and I am sure anyone reading your blog can see that you are not materialistic. Nothing wrong with being blessed, especially when those blessings fall onto such a deserving person! I am shy as well and live in my family bubble lol...but there is nothing wrong with that either. God makes us all so unique and it is so refreshing to see another mom who is living life, loving God and her family, who appreciates all he gives on top of his ultimate gift of LOVE and loves to blog about it:) Your blog is a testament and I am sure it reaches more than you know. So keep blogging pretty mama!

Amy Roberts Kruszec said...

Oh and here is my blog...I am relatively new to blogging and still getting the hang of it so please excuse my technical difficulties, haha...
http://lif3according2amy.blogspot.com/2014/06/be.html

Kelsey Almond said...

Aw thank you Tawnya! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wears makeup with my PJs. ;)

Kelsey Almond said...

You just made my day. You are the sweetest and I'm so happy to have you as a reader! I had no idea you had a blog I will definitely be following along! xoxo