Thursday, July 10, 2014

Exterior Stone and Choices on Choices

 While we're waiting on the drywall finishers...which feels like it's taking forever because they keep mudding and sanding and mudding and sanding over and over and over again even though it has really only been a week, I figured I'd update you on what's been going on at the Almond casa lately.
 
We have stone finally.  I wasn't thrilled with my choice at first because the color of the rock turned out differently than I had envisioned.  But I've grown to love it.  Word to the wise...don't pick your stone based on a photo of an itsy bitsy portion of the stone coloring in a stone book.
 
I learned my lesson.
 
Although now that I look at it, I think this color actually ended up for the better because the other color would not have been enough of a contrast to the siding color.
Our front door is not going to be that weird tan color...it will be stained dark brown.
 
Our gutters will also be dark brown which I'm pretty excited about because I think it's cool looking.  And that I have seen in person, so I'm confident about that choice.
 
Our latest dilemma is brown garage door vs. white garage door.  We are leaning towards white.  But only because it's cheaper and I'm not a huge 'garage door person'.
 
We picked out our light fixtures last week and I'm pretty pumped about those.  I also love our paint colors.  These are the only three that will be used throughout our home.  Our last house was bursting with color and this one will be so pretty on its own I didn't want to outshine the beauty of the home with cray cray paint. 
 These are a few of our light fixtures to give you an idea of the style we picked.  I love them. LalalaLove them.
 
And I finally broke down and bought a dining room table.  It only took me like 3 days to convince myself we needed it.  But now I'm so glad I took the plunge.
This beauty right here will be a part of our fam for years to come.
 
Anddd a close up...
 
The top is zinc metal.  Drooling over here.
 
Can't wait until it arrives at my doorstep.
 
Reallyyy can't wait until it's in my new dining room and I can use it.

7 comments:

Tawnya Faust said...

Oh my gosh the light fixtures and that dining table! GORGEOUS, you definitely needed that ;) I have a feeling I'm going to really like your decorating style! :)

Amy Kruszec said...

This is so beautiful girl! All of it, the outside of your home is so pretty and you will feel even more confident about your choices once you have that pop of contrasting color on the front door and shrubbery etc etc. I LOVE those fixtures and that dining room table is awesome! And your color scheme is going to be soooooo pretty. :-) You are making me want to build my own home now...eventually we may be neighbors LOL! Just kidding...maybe :-)

Kelsey Almond said...

Eeeek! Thank you! I think I needed it too! ;)

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you so much! Yes I hope everything comes together well at the end! We shall see! :))

Kelsey Almond said...

Oh my gosh and I would love to have you as a neighbor! DO IT!

Kenzie Ashcraft said...

New follower. I love your blog and so excited to follow along. Your home is absolutely gorgeous! :)

-Kenzie
www.theashcraftbunch.com

Zhanna Demyantsev said...

What is the name and color of your stone?