Monday, July 21, 2014

It's All About the View

Our first home had a tiny deck.  We could barely fit two chairs and a table on it.  The grill made it impossible to turn around without bumping into someone or knocking their plate clean off of the bistro table.  It was all we needed at the time because our view was one of the main roads that ran through the town and we didn't spend much time out there.  But with a little more acreage and a pretty pond in our back yard, a nice deck was super important to us.
 
I can't wait to drink coffee out here cuddled up under a blanket while I read my devotions.
 
Or grill some chicken wings with the sweet sound of a good football game floating out of the opened French doors. 
 
You can't tell I've been dreaming about enjoying the Fall in our new home at all can you? 
 
We would have loved to go with composite decking, but to be honest it would've completely busted our budget.  So we stuck with a wood deck and upgraded to iron balusters which gave it a nice fresh look without breaking the bank.  I'm very happy with it!
 
Can't wait to stain this bad boy to match the house. Ahem, or should I say...I can't wait for Devin to stain this bad boy to match the house.  I'm not sure staining is my thing.
 
There will also be a concrete pad underneath the deck so I'm sure we will put that space to use too.
 
 
The sheetrock is done (I just forgot to post pics, oops!) The hardwood floors are being installed right now.  Eeeek!  And the tile is supposed to be coming in tomorrow and that installation will begin also. 
 
Yay yay YAY.
 

6 comments:

Tawnya Faust said...

Oh my gosh, Kelsey!! I love it so much! That view!! A dream house for sure.. makes me long for the countryside! Gahh I need to move out of the city... haha

Living Out of Wedlock said...

Looks amazing and the deck is so big!

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you!!!! I'm most excited about the view! Didn't realize it would be my favorite part of the house but it is! :)

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you so much!

Ashley said...

Oh wow, so stunning!!! That view is breath taking.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! And that view? STUNNING!