Friday, August 1, 2014

Dear Cabinets, I Love You.

Helloooo August!  I've been waiting for you.  We are supposed to be moving into our house by the end of this month.  I'm not naïve enough to think that an estimated move in date will actually be our move in date.  But it's pretty awesome to know that we are finally so close to calling this place home.  A few pretty exciting things happened this week.  My lovely cabinets are in.  We didn't have hardly any cabinet space in our older home so I'm back-flipping on the inside about these jewels.  Space to store all of my baking dishes is pretty much something I've been dreaming of since I got married 6 years ago.  We picked out a cream cabinet with a grey color and the natural wood color showing through in several places.  It looks exactly how I envisioned it to look and I'm completely thrilled. 




This is our view from the kitchen.  I love the openness and the fact that I will be able to see my family in the living room while I cook.  The columns make it so unique and they are one of my favorite parts of this plan we chose.  (They are actually working on the decorative trim work and detail on the columns this week, I can't wait to see the finished product.)




I love the deep tray ceilings in our bedroom. I mean love.

I can't even lie.  Devin picked out the bathroom cabinets and tile all by himself.  I would've objected if I didn't love it, but I am really impressed with his interior design skills.  :)


Our bathroom ceilings are extremely high at 14'8" tall.  I'll never get cozy in the shower.  But I love the ceilings so I'll be just fine. ;)


Please take a moment to stare at these brown gutters.  I love them.  Most people wouldn't even notice gutters on a home but I love the effect the brown adds to the house.  Plus our shutters will be that color so it will all be perfectly tied in at the end.



And I'm still crushing on my deck.  Don't worry deck, you're tied with the cabinets as my favorite.


 
We're getting so close.  And I'm getting so excited.


8 comments:

Amy Roberts Kruszec said...

Holy smokes, your house is friggin stunning and its not even finished yet! You and the hubby collaborate very well together! P.s I love those gutters too and would be just as excited!! And that front door is going to be pretty sweet too!!

Claire Voss said...

Love it! Everything looks SO beautiful!

Lena said...

Your house is coming together so beautifully!

XO/Lena @ Root&Blossom

Kelsey Almond said...

Thanks Amy!!! I cannot wait to move in!!!

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you so much!!! I can't wait!!!

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you! It has finally come together after months and months of waiting! I'm thrilled! :))

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

Came across your blog from a pic on Pinterest. We are finalizing CertainTeed siding now for our Frank Betz plan too! So excited to see your building progress. Everything is gorgeous!!! We should be in ours in January - this makes me even more jacked.

Kelsey Almond said...

Thank you!!! Yay for Betz plans and CertainTeed! It's so much fun building and seeing the progress! I'm sure you are so excited. I've been ecstatic throughout this whole process! So much fun!