Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer, Don't Go.

Every year when August rolls around, I'm jumping up and down because I love all things fall.  Fall candles, a fall breeze, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkins on the porch...yes all of it.  But this year I'm finding myself savoring the sweet summer instead of rushing into fall.  I'm hanging onto these last few full weeks with Kollyns for dear life.  We have been inseparable since her first day and she starts preschool soon.  It is seriously killing me.  I know, I know...it's two days a week and I need to stop being so dramatic and let her grow up.  That's easier said than done, y'all.  Especially since I ended up being one of those helicopter moms that I swore I would never be.  Don't tell anyone. ;)  So needless to say we are spending these last few weeks of summer soaking up every ray of sunshine we can and playing outside for hours on end.  And practically living at the river...






 Summer, don't go.

2 comments:

Andrea Balcunas said...

I feel for you! My daughter starts kindergarten in 2 weeks and I'm a mess! Beautiful photos :)

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

How sweet is she?!! Love, love your blog!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com