Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Life Lately

It's a BB gun y'all, don't be alarmed.
And you see this look with the hand gesture.  Ha, well that's an attitude problem and we are working on correcting that!  I hope it's a phase.  No one warned me "4" would be this sassy.
 
We've been spending most of our time outside because the weather is just too pretty not to. 
The river, the pond...anywhere we can find water.
Between her baiting hooks with minnows, then putting on lip gloss and loving a good shopping trip.  I'm starting to think she's the perfect mix of country and city girl.  :)
 
And by the way, she has been dressing herself lately.  Hey, I choose my battles carefully and this isn't one that's worth the fight.  I'm guessing she'll be wearing these chevron shorts and camo crocs until she grows out of them...which I hope is soon.

She stays on her scooter flying up and down the driveway.  That's a boo-boo waiting to happen but she's having fun while I squint waiting for the spill.  She's so happy when she's on that thing that I'm seriously considering digging my Razor scooter out of my parent's basement.  Do you remember those things?  I was so cool when I had one.
 
I'm just so thankful today and everyday.  I have too many blessings to count and I'll never ever take that for granted.  And I'm so thrilled it's warming up outside.  I've never been more ready for sunshine and fresh air. 
I hope Spring brings lots of happy memories and good times. This Winter is one I wouldn't mind forgetting.

And if you're wondering why my iPhone photo reel is now on my blog...

//I broke up with Facebook almost two years ago, and two weeks ago I bid farewell to my beloved Instagram account as well.  At this point in my life, I have no room for time stealers.   Right now I'm desperate to be as close to the Lord as I can possibly be and I've learned over time that He is always in the same place and I'm the one that allows things to come between us.  Nope, I would never look down on anyone for having social media so please don't take this that way. I literally mourned the loss of my Instagram because I had over 500 photos on there of my sweet Kollyns that spanned over three years.   I just know that in order for me to pick up my Bible first thing in the morning instead of my phone, I had to get rid of everything.  I didn't even want to be tempted to put something before my time with the Lord, so I just removed it.  Y'all might think I'm extreme and that's fine.  Because I am extreme in my Faith and I am not ashamed of that.  :)  But with every storm I've endured this past year I've come to know just how fully dependent I need to be God to get through anything.\\
 
 

1 comment:

Emily Osborne said...

That is a little girl after my own heart! Love it haha. And I was wondering where you went on IG... now I know. Good for you. Staying true to your heart & yourself is the best thing a girl can do. And you're the perfect example! Keep blogging, though! xo