Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Life Lately

 We have lots of catching up to do.  But first...

After a 4-month long insta-breather, we're baaaaack.  I failed miserably at posting photos on the blog during my little break.  So if you want to keep up with the Almond fam follow us @almondfam08 ... because we are starting fresh and my kid is a beaut.
You know you wanna.

The plan was to keep you updated via the blog, but I pretty much didn't do that at all...so I'm gonna try and redeem myself here.

MAY
Kollyns' Chicka Chicka Boom Boom themed end of the year preschool program was adorable.  I cannot believe she already has one year of preschool finished.  I cannot deal with how fast she is growing up.

And my little brother graduated from high school.  WHAT?  Crazy, right?  I didn't get a pic with him but we managed to squeeze a family photo in!
 
JUNE
We both took a whole week off just to do stuff around the house.  I worked my butt off, and Devin worked twice as hard as I did.  And I'm pretty sure we picked the hottest week ever to tackle outdoor projects.

Our landscaping was a hot mess. So we rented an edging machine, bought pavers, and picked out a stone to put in the beds as opposed to mulch because clearly that wasn't working out for us...and we went to work. 

And Kollyns supervised.

It ended up looking super nice and manicured.  So in love with the final product!  Eeek.

And we even had leftover rock... so we also added a little fire pit area next to the pond! Love!  And after all of that, we still had a deck that needed to be stained.  That was a huge project that we almost gave up on... but we finished.  Yay for teamwork. 
 
The deck doesn't look big but I swear it grew with every brush stroke.

 Since our June projects wiped us out, we've just been relaxing and enjoying the finished product of our hard work and it has been so nice.
 
Our 7th anniversary is coming up this weekend and hubby has already given me a surprise early anniversary present.  It was super sweet and it holds so much meaning for us after the year we have had.  Can't wait to tell you all about it!

And next weekend we leave for the beach. 

I. Can't. Wait.
 
  Stay tuned. ;)



No comments: